Questions for my User Testers

Questions to ask my user testers aged 16-19:


  1. How old are you?
  2. What is your thoughts on the fashion of today?
  3. What do you think this game is about?
  4. What do you think is the aim of the game?
  5. Do you like the look of the game?
  6. Would you want to keep playing this game? Why or why not?
  7. What is your favourite game to play on a computer?
  8. What is your favourite game to play on your phone?
  9. What is your favourite boardgame?
  10. Do you like games that have a winner at the end or ones that keep going continuously over time as you build on it?

I initially got two responses as per below:


Chelsea*:
1. 16
2. I think I like it. Some of it’s quite revealing.
3. The process of designing clothes.
4. To see what people like in terms of design clothes.
5. Quite plain. More colourful.
6. Probably not, it’s not really what I would do/interested do.
7. I don’t play any. 
8. Word cookies. It’s fun.
9. Monopoly. Coz it gets competitive with who you’re playing with.
10. Winner at the end.

Robyn*:
1.       16
2.       I think its stylish.
3.       Fashion, duh. And creating new garments.
4.       To create a new garment and get new ideas for your brand. To see what you would like to wear, rather than what other people like
5.       Easy to follow through, nice colours.
6.       Yeah, I was getting quite into it.
7.       Maths games, interactive, fun, different levels
8.       2048, up in 4's my fave number is 4.
9.       Chess, gotta use the brain

10.   Winner.

* ~Names have been changed.


From these two feedback sessions, I realised I definitely needed to change the appearance of the app to make it more exciting for the user. I also needed to find more people who were interested in fashion to play it, so I changed my audience to "16-19 who are interested in fashion."
Both girls told me that they liked the fashion styles of today and so this will reflect in the types of clothing I add to the customisation screens. They both understood that the game was about showing the user more of the detailed processes behind the manufacturing of clothing. This meant I was on track to do what I wanted it to do.
They also both like games that are challenging and provide a winner at the end. While I did think about giving the game an end, I thought that because it's an app, I wanted it to be able to be updated and built upon so that it engages the user and keeps them playing/learning. I could still do this by having the option to log in with Facebook and play against friends. There could be special prizes if you move past your friends on the leader board.


Comments

Popular Posts